We’ll buy it if we can’t sell it guarantees;
Recently in Phoenix, Arizona, in the United States this happened and the Buyer was struck with two homes. They are now litigating.
or video version of events;
The concept of the guarantee is very simple.
You list your property for a mutually agreed upon price that is acceptable to both of us. If you do not agree with my Comparable Market Evaluation a third party appraisal is prepared at your expense.
We place your home on the MLS system for sale for the agreed upon price, and period of time ie minimum 30 days. After 30 days, I control the asking price if you are invoking the guarantee. Price guarantee is for 95% of appraised value.
- The home will be available for showings.
- The home will be presentable to showings.
- The home will have a minimum listing period of 120 days.
- My offer should be conditional upon obtaining financing.
- You are purchasing another property through me.* of comparable or greater value.
- You will continue to permit showings after invoking guarantee.
- You will permit assignment of contract. (to new purchaser)
Lets calculate the outcome using a $ 300,000 sample home.
Listing and sale Guarantee at 5% commission $ 15,000
Purchase of home. assumes at 2.5% commission 7,500
My buffer - to make your transaction happen $ 22,500
In practical terms, if your home had been listed an $ 305,000 and did not sell, & you invoked the 300,000 guarantee, I could market your home at $ 285- $ 290 thousand and still break even on the program, should nothing go awry.
This is not a program that I use to market homes, yet it is widely advertised. Different examples of incomplete or misleading advertising are contained in the attached Code of Ethics document easily viewed as a pdf file identified as attachment 3.
If you would like a confidential interview please contact David@DavidPylyp.com